One Man's Attempt at A Reason Based Life

I'm trying to live a kind, considerate, and fulfilling life where Reason and Logic are my guide. Unfortunately, most of the rest of you are operating in the dark and have no intention of coming into the light. Heck, you even put out the light every chance you get! I don't suffer fools well and what you will see here will be my futile attempts to enlighten the less mentally capable of the world, bless their hearts. I hope you enjoy. If I offend you in any way, please leave.

Name:
Location: Huntington Beach, California, United States

I'm the Vice President for Electronic Components Company (www.webuyparts.com). I don't have any hobbies that consume my life and I'm single with no dependents. I believe that if what I do is done in such a way that you can avoid it and it will bring no harm to you or others then it is none of your business. I believe I've said enough.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gee! My very own blog!

Well, here we go with my very first post. It's long over due. I have way too many opinions and too strong of a desire to enlighten people not to have a blog. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned that no one will ever come read it because I honestly don't think that there are that many people care. That being said, away we go!

Who am I? Well, I'm a "born-again" Christian who has a faith that started blind but is now based on reason. While I try to apply the teachings to my everyday life, I do not believe it is proper for me to ever bring up the subject. However, I'm very confident of my theology and always willing to defend my faith or attack yours. In fact, "Jehovah's Witnesse's" and Mormons never come back to my house!

I don't suffer fools well. It would help me in life if I could but I can't. I try and follow the golden rule. I do unto others as they do unto me. Unfortunately, for many of you, that means you are treated like a complete idiot. I always make an attempt to bring someone up to my level once or twice but after they consitently show an inability or plain unwillingness to follow logic and reason, all bets are off.

I'm extremely lazy with a twist. I work my butt off to get the work done because then I can sit on my ass. While in concept this sounds good, the fact of the matter is I never get everything off of the list so I'm always working. But when there's no work to be done...

As to that work, I'm the Vice President of Electronic Components Company, an independent stocking distributor of circuit board level electronics. One of my many hats it IT and it's where I'm strongest. That being said...time for a link! I've been visiting Woot for some time and made a couple purchases too. They sell one product a day and when the amount they have on hand is gone, that's it! I'll have more links in each future post.

Well, I guesse that's enough for now. I fear comments but make them if you like. I'll have more to come in the future and will likely update once a week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Disillusioned Dreamer said...

Hi Michael, I checked out your site from the Broker Forum link. You obviously have some very extreme views, 1 of them " I'm very confident of my theology and always willing to defend my faith or attack yours" I found disturbing. I personally have absolutely no problem with anybody that has any kind of faith. It is each individual’s rite to believe in what they choose to. But to attack someone else’s belief in a different faith seems arrogant to me. Who can say that any faith or religion is correct, no one has any proof. I am not trying to stray you from your faith in any way whatsoever. I am happy when other people are happy in there life’s. What makes me unhappy in this world of ours, is when people are willing to attack others belief’s or faith based on what they feel personally. If there is a higher power looking down on us, and it has good intentions, surely that higher power would be happier if we all just got along down here rather than attacking each other. That way we will all be welcome in the Kingdom of Heaven, and have a far better time down here before we get there.

Kind regards

William Preen

3:37 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Ok, first of all, thanks for caring enough to come, read, and comment. In fact, as you probably know, you're the first person to comment here. I appreciate your concerns but I fear you may have misunderstood what I said. It started wih "While I try to apply the teachings to my everyday life, I do not believe it is proper for me to ever bring up the subject. However..." Since YOU have brought up the subject I am now free to attack your beliefs. I don't know how far you want this so I'll keep it brief. Truth is an absolute that is not dependent on the viewer. If a religion is true it should be able to stand the same test we place upon a person in court when trying to prove their guilt. Beyond a resonable doubt. As for me, what I believe personally is based on facts I'm willing to defend. Everyone's certainly free to believe as they wish. But don't you dare promote it as truth in my presence if you're not willing to have it be put on trial. Things would be better if everyone stood for what is right instead of not caring enough to speak up in the face of wrong.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Disillusioned Dreamer said...

Now I know you are joking. I do not expect this reply to be placed on your blog. Happy fishing (blogging) Michael.
Kind regards, Will.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your brief introduction.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

attacks wins fights back .
it tells you view is attractive and you make your blog as blog.

what is right , what is wrong . Some says only God knows , some says only Allah/Buddha knows . acturally time can not tell .what are we supposed to predict?maybe religion is the best way to balance the culture difference. and makes it full.

anyhow , it is great to find a way to live happy life .
It is agreed :"I am happy when other people are happy in there life’s. What makes me unhappy in this world of ours, is when people are willing to attack others belief’s or faith based on what they feel personally"

Truly/CiCi

1:55 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Apparently, Disillusioned Dreamer posted his second comment while I was crafting my response to his first because I hadn't seen it until now.

All comments, unless otherwise requested, will be published to the site. I have asked for comments and meant that request. Under those conditions, who am I to censor? Fair and balanced, baby!!!

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home